Approx. 1 year following the final treatment within the course
Approx. 30-40 minutes
Initally 3-5 treatments each 4-6 weeks apart are required.
Micro-needling is a minimally invasive treatment where micro-fine needles, up to 3mm long, are used to make tiny punctures in the skin, causing ‘micro-injury’. It is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy which stimulates the skin’s natural healing process, in particular the production of collagen and elastin.
A course of 3-5 treatments are required, each 4-6 weeks apart (individual needs will vary), after which a yearly ‘top-up’ is recommended, as collagen growth continues for a year after the final treatment. During the consultation, a skincare regime will be discussed to help further hydrate the skin and achieve the best results.
You will have 4% lidocaine cream applied prior to the treatment to numb the area. This allows for a virtually pain free treatment, however for approximately 3 days post procedure the area can feel slightly uncomfortable, similar to moderate sunburn.
Initially, you should expect erythema and swelling of the skin, which should subside with 2-3 days. The severity will vary between individuals. Tiny pinpoint scabs may appear up to 72 hours post treatment which will naturally shed off within 7 days.
You may continue with your normal skincare regime 3 days post treatment.
Do not use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids (glycolic acid), Beta Hydroxy Acids (salicylic acid), Retinol (Vitamin A), or any active or acidic ingredients (Vitamin C) for at least 5 days post treatment. Avoid sun exposure for at least 72 hours after treatment.
This treatment is not suitable for those who have:
• Active acne
• Open wounds, cuts or abrasions
• Skin infection, warts or herpes in the area being treated
• History of keloid scars
• On anticoagulant therapy
• Eczema, rosacea or psoriasis
For 72 hours post treatment avoid:
• Exercise or any strenuous activity
• Hot showers
• Sun exposure
• Makeup (for 24-72 hours) especially with an unclean makeup brush.
Post treatment do’s:
• Apply broad-spectrum UVA/UVB suncream with at least 30 SPF and protect the skin from the sunlight.
• Use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for 72 hours post treatment.
• Moisturise the skin using hyaluronic acid to keep the skin hydrated.
• Serum antioxidants to help heal the skin.